HIV Prevention Community

hiv trough condom!!

Hi experts,

Yesterday i went to my urologist doctor, for a inspection.

Then we were talking about HPV and said that sometimes the papiloma could pass trough a perfect latex barrier, and continued saying, the same that happens with HIV, that eventually can pass trough a condom.... I SAID: WHAT??!!

I was very surprised to hear a doctor saying such of thing!! so i asked again, are you saying that infectious of HIV could happen, even ii a condom is properly used, and he said: Yes, eventually could happen.

NOw IM VERY CONCERNED, as i had a lot of sex with unknow status girls wearing a condom, except for oral, (but Teak i know there is no risk for oral)

Should get tested? i never noticed a break on a condom, is that doctor right or wrong? I guess hes wrong
for hiv if you use condom there is no way for you to catch it.
using condom=safe sex=no need for hiv test
Latex condoms, when used consistently and correctly, are highly effective in
preventing transmission of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. In addition, correct
and consistent use of latex condoms can reduce the risk of other sexually
transmitted diseases (STDs), including discharge and genital ulcer diseases.
While the effect of condoms in preventing human papilloma virus (HPV) infection
is unknown, condom use has been associated with a lower rate of cervical
cancer, an HPV-associated disease. Laboratory studies have demonstrated that latex condoms provide an essentially impermeable barrier to particles the size of STD pathogens.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchstp/od/condoms.pdf
I've also met few doctors who believe that HIV could be transmitted by kissing. Most of them don't keep up with the latest discoveris about the transmission of HIV. All they know about HIV is what they read in some old school books written a long time ago when little was known about HIV.

Use the search engine of the expert forum to read what real HIV experts have to say about it. These people are experienced and very knowledgable about HIV.

Condoms serve as an impermeable barrier to prevent the exchange of body fluids that transmit the virus. Before each condom is sold, it must pass tests to ensure that particles the size of HIV can't pass through latex.

As long as you use condoms correctly everytime you have sex, you're on the safe side. Unprotected oral sex is considered as a NO RISK exposure by experts on the forum.