HIV Prevention Community
I had given blood on December 15, 2013 and I just got a letter in the mail today saying that i tested positive for hiv. but then they did two other tests and they came back negative. should I see a doctor or do you think it is negative.
Sure you did.
I did
I had given blood on December 15, 2013 and I just got a letter in the mail today saying that i tested positive for hiv.

Sure you did.
this is not a joke I am 17 years old and this is scaring the **** out of me.
I tested positive for the EIA test but the negative for the IFA and the NAT
What is scaring me is that, that date hasn't even arrived yet. Besides the date they don't send out letters telling you that you tested positive they say that your donation has been rejected and advise you to see your doctor for a follow-up.
sorry October
can you help me or not
You got the date wrong & you are not supposed to donate blood & use it as a means to find out your status,if you had a genuine risk then you go to a clinic & test.What were you thinking??