Head & Traumatic Brain Injury Community

After affects of a Seizure

I had a Seizure occur almost 3 months ago while on the Antibiotic Tetracycline. The Dr. said that was the most likely cause. All tests on my brain came back normal, but during the Seizure i bounced my face off what at the time seemed to be an extremely hard bathroom floor. I had fractured my nose, severely lacerated my upper lip and chipped 3 teeth. I do not drink alcohol or submit myself to illegal drugs. The prescriptions i take now i have been taking only recently and they are Coreg, Dexilant, and Neurontin. I have a difficult time remembering things told to me or things that i have done, even within minutes of the incident. Sounds are magnified and voices seem to sound all the same even from my children and my wife unless they are right in front of me. Due to the "loud noises" it seems to affect my patience level. My symptoms have been high blood pressure, headaches, blurred vision, remembering what i was saying as i am saying it, and bad balance. My Dr. is aware of all symptoms, i have seen a Neurologist and an eye Dr. Will this problems heal themselves or am i loosing my mind like i think i am?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Apart from anxiety and panic disorder, increased sensitivity to sound is seen in migraine headaches, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression, TMJ disorders, Lyme’s disease, post traumatic stress disorder, and ear damage by toxins and medications. Since you had a fall I suggest you consult an ENT and rule out TMJ and ear damage. Ear problems can cause bad balance too and TMJ can affect the ear too. TMJ can cause headaches and blurred vision.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!