Heart Disease Community

Enalapril vs Lisinopril?

Difference between Enalapril and Lisinopril in clinical applications? How often is each drug administrated and which one is more effective?
I've been taking Lisinopril for going on 8 years with no apparent side effects and my blood pressure is very good. Both subject medications is recommended for heart failure patients
ACE raises blood pressure by constricting blood vessels. ACE inhibitors like enalapril prevent this effect. Enalapril has been shown to lower the death rate in systolic heart failure as does Lisinopril.  It is difficult to distinquish what medicaation is better than another without knowing what other medications ae taken, any side effects, etc.  The following link may be able to provide the information you are interested to know on a more detailed evaluation.

Thanks for the question, and if you have any further questions or comments you are invited to respond.  Take care,

Ken
http://www.ehealthme.com/compare_drug_interactions_side_effects/Enalapril-Maleate-2908052
Thank you very much kenkeith! Very Helpful! :)
Thanks for your response.  I wish you well going forward.

Ken