Aa
A
A
A
Close
Heart Disease Community
20.1k Members

Is medication a lifelong affair after bypass surgery.?

I think medication becomes less and less gradually in case of persons improving steadily after bypass surgery. Ultimately no medication may be necessary after a particular point of time. Am I right?
83 Responses
907968 tn?1292625804
I sure hope so!  Prier to this I took maybe one aspirin a year, then suddenly I had to number each pill bottle (15 in all) and constantly check to see how many of each I needed to take and how often.  Not too long ago I got rid of most (mostly pain killers I never needed in the first place) and ended up with...
Coreg x2/day
Lisinopril x1/day
Simvastatin x1/day
Now I'm back up a few for related problems, they wont be around all the time but the three listed I'm told will be.
Thanks dear. I am running 5th week after bypass surgery. I am taking the prescribed medicines.I have no other problem whatsoever.So I was thinking if a day will come when no medication will be needed. The surgery in fact has pepped up my urge to keep every subsystem of the body well regulated.Thanks dear.
By and large,is this an irrelevant question in this community?
907968 tn?1292625804
No, it's not an irrelevant question!  In fact it can become very informative. If you're asking for other opinions, just wait a while and others will jump in with their information.
Thanks dear
907968 tn?1292625804
Jogeshwar, where does this "dear" come from?  Where I come from Men don't call each other "dear".
Have an Answer?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1506084164
Netherlands
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.