A
A
A
Close
Heart Rhythm Community
12.1k Members
967168 tn?1477588089

Anxiety? Nervous?

How can I be nervous about going to see a new cardiologist/EP this Friday? I've switched dr's before and never felt like this until this wknd, I even had a nightmare last night ugh WTH is wrong with me?  my dr prescribed Vicodin for my spinal problems, so maybe that's it? anyone had this happen?
38 Responses
1465650 tn?1316234760
It happens even to the best of us Lisa :)

Good luck on Friday xxx
967168 tn?1477588089
thanks =)  I thought maybe it was a side effect of Vicodin.  I don't know why I'm nervous or anxious I've been to a hundred or more dr's appts in the past 2 years.
612551 tn?1450025775
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hang in there, you'll do/be fine.

I don't have the anxiety problem, but can say my mental state has shifted from one of hopeful to one of acceptance.  The best I seem to be able to hope for is to not get worse.  I think my cardiologist has a "monitor only" note on my examination file.
967168 tn?1477588089
thank you, that helps too - I just need to shift my mental state to acceptance; maybe that's what's wrong I STILL don't want to believe anything is wrong with me...

I think I'm finally at the brink where I need help from a professional; nightmares had gone away and now they're back so I'm going to see a psych dr.

what does monitor only mean? I haven't heard that before
I am now anxious when I go to any Dr. I think its from getting no answers time after time. Yes I have diagnosis but then they drop the ball. It makes me feel lost and therefore anxious.
I am guessing monitor only might mean Dr just watches u and thats it. That's kind of how I feel about my drs. They just sit back and watch and wait while I suffer.
Good luck at your new drs. My good thoughts are with u.
Beema
967168 tn?1477588089
I feel like that...sit back and watch while I suffer and all but one dr has put their hands on their heads and ALL do this - hummmmm...looking blankly at me when I start asking questions! ugh why can't we all just have doctors who understand and treat us like we don't have pea brains hehehe

I didn't feel anxious about going to my new pcp and overwhelming her with all my stuff, but after I started taking Vicodin Friday I started feeling like I wanted to put it off and had nightmares last night...I already know the bad stuff so what's going on with my head..maybe a side effect of Vicodin? I'm going to ask when I go; or is it my subconscious making me anxious about the appt...maybe I'm really more scared than I think I am... I woke up in the middle of the dream heart beating out of my chest, not able to breathe and in a panic state.
Have an Answer?
Top Arrhythmias Answerers
1807132 tn?1318747197
Chicago, IL
1423357 tn?1511089042
Central, MA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.