Heart Rhythm Community

Anxiety? Nervous?

How can I be nervous about going to see a new cardiologist/EP this Friday? I've switched dr's before and never felt like this until this wknd, I even had a nightmare last night ugh WTH is wrong with me?  my dr prescribed Vicodin for my spinal problems, so maybe that's it? anyone had this happen?
It happens even to the best of us Lisa :)

Good luck on Friday xxx
thanks =)  I thought maybe it was a side effect of Vicodin.  I don't know why I'm nervous or anxious I've been to a hundred or more dr's appts in the past 2 years.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hang in there, you'll do/be fine.

I don't have the anxiety problem, but can say my mental state has shifted from one of hopeful to one of acceptance.  The best I seem to be able to hope for is to not get worse.  I think my cardiologist has a "monitor only" note on my examination file.
thank you, that helps too - I just need to shift my mental state to acceptance; maybe that's what's wrong I STILL don't want to believe anything is wrong with me...

I think I'm finally at the brink where I need help from a professional; nightmares had gone away and now they're back so I'm going to see a psych dr.

what does monitor only mean? I haven't heard that before
I am now anxious when I go to any Dr. I think its from getting no answers time after time. Yes I have diagnosis but then they drop the ball. It makes me feel lost and therefore anxious.
I am guessing monitor only might mean Dr just watches u and thats it. That's kind of how I feel about my drs. They just sit back and watch and wait while I suffer.
Good luck at your new drs. My good thoughts are with u.
Beema
I feel like that...sit back and watch while I suffer and all but one dr has put their hands on their heads and ALL do this - hummmmm...looking blankly at me when I start asking questions! ugh why can't we all just have doctors who understand and treat us like we don't have pea brains hehehe

I didn't feel anxious about going to my new pcp and overwhelming her with all my stuff, but after I started taking Vicodin Friday I started feeling like I wanted to put it off and had nightmares last night...I already know the bad stuff so what's going on with my head..maybe a side effect of Vicodin? I'm going to ask when I go; or is it my subconscious making me anxious about the appt...maybe I'm really more scared than I think I am... I woke up in the middle of the dream heart beating out of my chest, not able to breathe and in a panic state.