Heart Rhythm Community

Zoloft and nsvt

Has anyone taken Zoloft and had it affect there nsvt??
I have nsvt and im afraid to take Zoloft. Any suggestions?
wmac
Are you taking the generic or name brand?
generic ... will start tomorrow im starting at 25mg but im cutting it into 1/4 four eight days then half for eight days then full.. its because i am such a light weight and always react to meds. I do take ativan and i forgot if its ok to take both together
My only suggestion is to check on who the generic mfg is.  I had a bad arrhythmic reaction to one brand of generic Zoloft, and it turns out the problem is pretty common.

I hate to generalize, but in general, if the mfg is from India (such as Aurobindo), consider getting your generic Zoloft elsewhere.  My recommendation is Greenstone, as it's owned by the company that makes the name brand, and I've read that the formulation is identical.

I've been on 3 different Sertraline generics (Aurobindo, Teva and Greenstone) as well as the name brand, and Greenstone does seem to be the same as the name brand.
That's the way I would approach it.  Quarter that stuff up.   Lotta sides when you first start, it takes a few weeks to get used to it and up to 6 for full effect.  You can also tee up a benzo when getting on it to help with the side effects when ramping up.

I liked Wisconsin's suggestion too.  I've also seen some difference in generics.  I've also noticed with generics that the potency can vary from pill to pill.  The QC just isn't there.
Do you mean like ativan. I  have 1mg ativan that i half up and take twice daily.. or should i just skip the zoloft all togehter .. but i am having some depression issues right now. But im pretty nervous about taking it. I tried it once and I took a quarter of a 25mg pill then slept for two and half hours.. weird i know but im pretty sensitive... what to do
wmac
yep, ativan is a benzo.

Xanax is another alternative.  I've always felt Xanax is a better PRN benzo (as - needed) than Ativan.  Just my anecdotal impression over the years working with people coming on and getting off SSRIs.