MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Hep DNA load

I am inactive hep b for over 25 years. Hbe antigen negative, Hbe antibody positive. My Hep DNA load run between 3000 to 22,000 IU/ml. Liver function is always normal. No inflammation and no fibrosis. Ultra sound (mild fatty liver). Every 6 months, I checked my ALT and Hep B DNA load. Today, ALT 15 (normal) but Hep b DNA load is 25000 IU/ml. I will see the doctor next week. I am wondering if I need any treatment? I doubt it but it is good to prepare before doctor's appointment and know what kind of questions to ask. Thanks for any reply in advance.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis B Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.