Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis B Community
7.18k Members

Suggest for Trials (stef2011)

My Recent fibroscan result is 6.9 (f2 ) . Two years ago it was 6.1 ( f0-f1 ). Doctor inform me about phase 2 trial of a drug Immunofan http://www.bio.net/mm/immuno/1994-July/001614.html . Please suggest me what should i do ?
8 Responses
Hi, I don't understand the recent interpretations of results below 7Kpa as F2.
Also make sure you haven't eaten the day of Fibroscan, I forgot and the results are biased.
http://hepcbc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Fibroscan_Correlation1.jpg

That medicine you posted refers to 1994 year... try looking at www.clinicaltrials.gov
It's 6.9 nearest to 7 (approx) so can say F2. I am waiting for stef2011 comments.
the only things known to work are:
tdf or etv for 3-5years and then peginterferon add-on
rep9ac plus nuc plus peginterferon

both regimens have a percentage of failure to clear hbsag so i would not waste time on anything else which has no trials and no percentages of hbsag clearance/failiure
I think calebz has given you excellent advice. I think you should fast at least 4 hours before a Fibroscan test. Check with your doctor again, the Immunofan trial was in 1994, so I don't think the drug or trial existed anymore.
Dr. said it's safely used in russia and safe dose, they inject it for army it's an immune modulator which boosts the immune so that immune antibodies attack on virus. Also it's widely used in different part of world. But trials are limited, so before approval here, they would like phase - 2 here.

Stephen I have fast around 4-5 hours then did the test.  
I will discuss with him about Rep9AC in next visit.
there are no trials for it, go for sequential combo nucs/peg, are you already on antivirals?
no
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.