Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hepatitis C: Post Treatment Issues Community
290 Members

post treatment side effects

What longterm side effects after treatment is anyone experiencing?
45 Responses
I was never the same again, so says the missus...
253566 tn?1219683299
72 weeks of (old school) treatment got me SVR* and 100% SSI disability for life!

At least the nurse for the University of Pittsburgh Liver Center Guru, again, the nurse apologized by saying "Sorry. We destroyed your life" over and over again... "Sorry. We destroyed your life"!... "Sorry. We destroyed your life"! One of the more honest humans in that cattle call.

*I hate using *cure since we all know there is no cure for a virus!
But it is a cure if it stops virus replication isn't it?
7 mos post tx and im still not the same...doubt i ever will be, and i have to treat again at some point.  
brain fog
insomnia
itching
depression
rash pops back up when it wants
short term memory gone
2029713 tn?1373044704
I'm about 9 weeks post treatment(48 weeks/triple therapy Incivek/riba/interferon) and haven't noticed any lingering side effects. I also treated unsuccessfully with Interferon/riba in 2000, but didn't notice any lingering effects then, either.

Hopefully, when these newer direct acting antiviral, interferon-free, treatments come out in the next year or two, this issue about long term Interferon side effects will disappear completely. The antiviral drug Sofosbuvir looks very promising from what I've seen on postings here at Medhelp.
Have an Answer?
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
7469840 tn?1409849436
San Diego, CA
475555 tn?1469307939
Woodhaven, NY
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.