Hepatitis C: Post Treatment Issues Community

This forum is for those who have taken HCV treatment, and have been off treatment for at least 6 months, to discuss any lingering or new health issues that may have been caused by the Hepatitis C virus itself or may be related to treatment for Hepatitis C. Some examples are autoimmune conditions, previous medical conditions exacerbated by the virus or the treatment, liver damage, and inflammation of the joints.
1 - 20 (of 289) questions
My husband had a liver transplant in 2005. He had HCV. Transplant went well. Of course the HC came back and he did 84 weeks(!) of Interfe...
5 answers | 3 comments |
I did 12 weeks harvoni for hep I had like 20 years last april. I year later BIL hand numbness tingling. Just recent lost muscle strentgh....
8 answers | 4 comments |
I successfully went through treatment for Hepatitis C and a found SVR through Harvoni going forward is this considered a pre existing con...
6 answers | 3 comments |
I have had low alk phos since I started treatment and since side effects mimic hep c treatment I have seen others with the same issue j...
4 answers | 7 comments |
My last interferon injection was 12 months ago. I feel tired, lethargic, my bones ache in the morning esp in my feet. I'm in bed asleep b...
269 answers | 9 comments |
Mine has been consistently a 7 since cured. Which is as good as my doctor or the lab worker drawing my blood. Wondering how others have f...
1 answer | 5 comments |
I'm 54 and SVR after 3 treatments starting from 1993, 1994 then Peg & Ribarivin 2003. To say it was a roller coaster ride to hell is an u...
96 answers | 14 comments |
Hi, Does anyone know about any connection between Hepatitis Disease שמג Rosacea ? I would be happy if you can point me onto papers abou...
2 answers | 4 comments |
My MD is suggesting this for me, it's brand new, (approved Aug 2017) wondering if anyone has started on it yet?
1 answer |
hello, since 2 years i struggled to get beyond the debilitating symptoms of my IFN treatment (which was successfull), though i now se...
8 answers | 4 comments |
I had a biopsy 3 yrs. ago and the result said, necroinflammatory activity score 1, fibrosis score 0-1. Spotty steatosis was noted. I h...
2 answers | 3 comments |
I had a general panel done and my AST and ALT were higher now 6 years after SVR than they were when it was achieved. AST (41) 10-35 nrml...
4 answers | 7 comments |
Here is a site that I stumbled across today while Googling long term interferon after effects. I also found several other sites as well,...
78 answers | 1 comment |
My personal answer to this question is a resounding YES! I have just passed the first winter of my life without getting sick. No colds, n...
1 answer |
Please help feeling defeated. Completed the interferon/ribavirin/inciveck. Got a bad rash. Still recurring 2 and a half yrs later. Anyone...
Hi, Haven't been on the forum for many years. I treated in a Telaprevir trial back in 2009 and was cured. It was triple therapy back then...
6 answers | 1 comment |
Passed more than 7 months after the successful treatment of my son from hepatitis C, but there were serious side effects that were not be...
11 answers | 14 comments |
I wanted to post a thread that could serve as a main point of communication for all of us who have treated and suffered serious, life alt...
77 answers | 6 comments |
It's been a bit since I've posted!l. Hope everyone is great and reaching SVR! The reason for this post is I want to know how many post...
19 answers | 1 comment |
Hi , I am a long time member of this forum. On 2008 I finished 1 year Interferon + Ribavirin tx. Since then I feel very well, beside ...
Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
683231 tn?1467326617
Auburn, WA
7469840 tn?1409849436
San Diego, CA
475555 tn?1469307939
Woodhaven, NY
Learn About Top Answerers
Hepatitis C: Post Treatment Issues Community
275 Members
289 Questions
Popular Resources
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.
Could you benefit from this alternative glucose testing method?
They’re one of your most important tools for managing diabetes.
Learn about less common treatments for managing diabetes.