Hepatitis C Community

Help With Gettings Meds

My father has already been on the Infuron and it didnt work for him 6 years ago. At this time they have him on meds to help with the symptoms only but with no medical insurance and 10 different pills a day he can no longer afford them due to job loss and no insurance. We have tried the drug companys medicare and free clinics. No help from any. If anyone knows any oter route we could attempt please let me know.
What kind of meds are you talking about?  We listed the toll free numbers for assistance with hepc medications but if your father was on interferon and ribavirin previously and it did not help there really isn't anything else out yet that will cure hepatitic c.  

Three Rivers Pharmaceuticals is the manufacturer of Infergen and Ribasphere.  Infergen is consensus interferon and is administered as a daily injection. The side effects can be very difficult and the rate of cure is no greater.

Three Rivers Patient Assistance Program:  866-650-7422

Here is a link that may provide clinical trials with new medications which your father may be eligible to enroll in.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/
Go to hcv.org or hepatisic central.  I dont know where you live but heres a number to an advocate in Sacramento you can contact Spencer Baker at 916-248-9862 he has so much knowledge on how it can be done.