Hepatitis C Community

Shaking Ribavirin Capsules

Hi All- I know this may sound dumb, but my niece threw my bottle of Ribavirin Capsules against the wall (She was mad at her mom- and grabbed the first thing in sight- which happened to be my brand new bottle).  I opened the bottle immediately after to see if there was any damage.  All the capsules seem intact, however, would there be any damage to the medicine itself?  I looked it up online, and they said never to "open, break, or chew on capsules."  My situation doesn't fall into any of those categories.

Again, I do apologize if this sounds dumb =P  - I am almost done with my tx and I don't want anything to jeopardize the results.
Was it the North wall or  South wall?

Nevermind. I;m sure it's OK either way.
I don't see how it could do anything to the meds, if they are still intact.

"Shaken, not stirred" “The name’s Bond. James Bond.”

Kat138, All is good. You're in the home stretch? Congratulations. Wishing you SVR!

Hectorsf
Hi Kat,

So your niece was ticked off and chose the most expensive bottle of pills in the house to throw? Lucky it wasn't the peg!

When it comes to ribavirin, my specialist pharmacist for Roche acted like anything pretty much goes, shake-it-up-wise or temperature-wise.

Warning to your niece, though, he said it's super-important to not shake the interferon!  

As for the online directions about not dividing the pills ( in order to divide the dose), some pills are like that and I don't know why. I've tried cutting some pills in half, no problem, but for others the pharmacist said not to do it.

Congrats on getting closer and closer to the finish line - it feels so great to cross over and soon you'll be there, no more shots, no more pills.

Susan
Maybe you should introduce your niece to Riba Rage. I bet she would go running to her mother and probably never touch anything of yours for the rest of her life.
is it still permissable to tie children to bannisters and trees etc?