Hepatitis C Community

after treatment interferon and ribavirin

i found out i had hep c in 2005 and started my treatment nov 06 i had genotype 1b and was told i would only have a 50% chance of clearing the virus. I went to hell and back throughout treatment it was the worst thing ive ever had to go through in my life. i wouldn't do it again!!! Any way i got all clear in june 08 and was thrilled it was worth it. Only thing is ever since treatment i have periods of extreme fatigue, depression and muscle pain, i also struggle with sleeping. I cant work because of this and i find it sooooo hard sometimes i would just like to no if any one feels the same and if their doctors listen to them and understand the after affects and inform people they could feel the as me after going through so much after treatment.
Sorry to hear you're still experiencing difficulties. Here is some reading for you. What is really comes down to is there will always be those who have problems after treatment and others who don't.  Depends on the person and how the drugs effect them.

There is no rhyme or reason to it just like some people SVR and others don't.  Quite sure the same thing happens to people who undergo cancer therapy or any other long term drug therapy.  

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-C/Long-term-side-effects-of-interferon/show/866107

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/Members-Comment-on-Side-Effects-of-the-Treatment-Drugs-During--After-Treatment-/show/530?cid=64
Sorry to hear that you are still struggling - and some of us do after tx. Have your Dr.s suggested having a thyroid panel run, talked about fibromyalgia or other auto-immune issues? I saw alot of relief after I got started on thyroid meds, but still have some issues remaining. The docs kept on mentioning Fibromyalgia as a possible component, but I have been putting off any work-up because well, I just didn't want to have to deal with another chronic disease. But after developing some TMJ issues, now have an appointment for tomorrow to check out the fibro stuff. Just a couple of suggestions to discuss with your doc if you haven't already. Good luck to ya!