Herpes Community

HSV 2 on mouth?

Hi, so I've been diagnosed with HSV 2 in 2012.  I had a horrible time with it and was put on Acyclovir. I used Acyclovir since 2012 and just two days ago I got a sore on my lip.  I've never had this problem before.  I've been with my only partner who doesn't even have herpes 1 or 2. But somehow, I got this sore on my lip now.

Could I have spread the HSV 2 onto my lip? I know its uncommon for that to happen,but I'm thinking it did happen.  I just wanted to know your thoughts on this.  I'm just concerned because I've never had a cold sore before. I never share drinks, straws etc.  Also, could any HSV be spread to the eye? I'm concerned about that because my sister has it in her eyes since middle school.  Or would this just be on my lips? Thanks for helping me!
No you most likely didnt spread it to your mouth. That is slightly possible forn only the primary outbreak or for immunodeficient people. As for your oiuth sore if you are sure it is a typical cold sore it is likele to be hsv1 since your childhood or it spread from a social kiss/saliva sharing. Was his test IgG?Please not that stabdard type specific IgG tests still misss up to%10 of infections. It could have missed ou or him but this doesnt matter anyways oral herpes is so common that if you didnt get from him you most likely will get it from someone else. The history you give about your sister makes it more likely that you got jnfected and were asymptomatic for along time like kost people. When family members have the virus as a child with low immune system makes it easy for infection enough to catch it through saliva thats how toddlers spread it.
I've never had herpes until 2012 and was tested. I have hsv2 only. But two days ago I got a sore on my lip.  I don't share anything, but I do kiss my boyfriend.  He doesn't have herpes at all. So, I have no idea how I got this.

Since my boyfriend has never had any sore, his doctor told us his blood work would be a false positive. So, we can't do anything until he has an outbreak. I've been with him for almost 3 years and he still hasn't had one.

Could I have my doctor run a HSV 1 blood test on me the next time I go to make sure? Thanks!
yes you should as you dont even know those "mouth sore" was herpes. Remember that 10%!if hsv1 infections go undetected. You or your boyfriend might have oral hsv1 and asymptomatic like most people are, either way this shouldnt affect you relationship with him as ling as any sore isnt present you are good to go. You should get. PCR swab next time the sore appears
My sore is still there, but its so tiny that nobody could even see it on the 3rd day.  Now, I am just developing another one on the corner of my mouth. It just keeps coming.  It is so weird that after all this time, now I am getting the outbreaks on my mouth. Thank goodness the sores are so small that nobody could tell.  Its so hard to eat cause when I open my mouth to take a bite of food, it hurts. But thanks for your help.  I can't wait to know my results cause this is just a mysterious outbreak for me.  I go to see the Dr. at the end of February for something else, so I'll just have her order it then. Thanks again!
Would you recommend using a herpe bandage over the sores when sleeping? I'm having anxiety about spreading the virus...especially to my eyes.
I am not sure if this is even herpes. And even as unlikely ot is it was hsv2 on your mouth no way it could cause outbreaks this frequently. Unless you are immunodeficient. But you can't be having constant mouth outbreaks and no genital outbreaks especially if the virus prefers genitals and it reccurs 30 times more on the genitals. How were you diagnosed with hsv2 ? Did you evet had a grnital outbreak
Yes I had a culture done at the doctor office..positive with HSV 2 since 2012.In 2012 I had many outbreaks in the genital area.  Now,  I just had a cold and right after, I had 3 blisters on my lip. I never tested for HSV 1 because I never had outbreaks on my lips before.
I didn't have a genital outbreak this time. I haven't since 2012.
I had the same problem too...but I found the complete solution..
I think you also have hsv1 then
The sores are healing now, but my lips have been soooo chapped during the process of it.  Is that normal? I'll be getting a blood test at the end of the month. Thanks for your opinions.
Did a doctor see and confirm they are cold sores. Nothing I can say about healing sores but if they arev very typical of herpes they might be still you have to wait and test even then this will most likely be a. Childhood oral infection and no big deal. I think you should stope worrrying and wait untill tests then you can work on that. Also did you get a PCR swab?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.