Herpes Community

Herpes due indirect skin-to-skin contact

hi, i had an adventure with a girl last Saturday where I watched her masturbating; At certain point she is fingering herself, touching her genital, breast and mouth; In the excitement of the moment I went with my hands (just my hands) and touched/massaged her breast for several minutes. I washed my hands 1h after: certainly i did not touch my genitals and i don't remember touching any other part of my body (maybe face). What's the risk of transmission of STD in this particular case (specially HIV and Herpes1/2)? Thank you for your time.
Zero risk of herpes or HIV. Herpes requires contact with a sore or skin where the shedding of the virus is occurring. HIV requires access to your blood stream of heavily infected bodily fluids, which is exceptionally rare to occur with a female without actual penetration (and even then very rare).
Thank you Fleetwood20 for your response. Just a follow up on this "Herpes requires contact with a sore or skin where the shedding of the virus is occurring" - if she spread virus over her chest and my fingers (which may had  superficial cuts due nail biting) touched it, is your comment still true?

Reading over some articles on the web, its referred the virus dies as soon as it contacts with air... does that mean the virus dies as soon as it leaves the sore or shedding area?

Thank you for your time.
You must have contact with the area that is heavily shedding at the time. It cannot pass alive on a finger or object to another place to pose an infection risk. Oxygen kills many viruses, HSV among them.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.