Swelling on the lip on the inside

Hello Everyone,  5 months back I had an encounter with an escort where she kissed me on the lips and the next morning My Lips were slightly swollen .Later on this swelling changed became only on the inside of the lower lip .It has not gone away since .In addition I also see small pimples (with Puss inthem) around my lips which usually go away in 2 to3 days .My Lips are more swollen around the edges and I have often seen that color of lips on the inside is light purple .I have tried different chapsticks and also few other medicine like Nystatin and Oracort .But it is not getting any better .I live in Canada and it has been a very cold winter and my lips tend to swell a bit more as the weather gets cold/windy .There were also one time 2 pimples around my groin area which also went away in 2 days.Is it a Case of herpes ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This isn't not how herpes will work.  You won't get it the next day after an encounter or last a month without a period of no symptoms.

Be seen by your provide for a proper work up.
Helpful - 0
Lips have been swollen since day 1 .Pimples around the lips area have also been coming and going .I showed it to doctor and he said that it is possibly a case of Fungus but that has not worked either .
Helpful - 0
continue to follow up with your doctor as needed.   this doesn't sound like it's solely a herpes issue if indeed herpes is even a part of it.

a dermatologist is probably a good consult if you can get in to see one.

grace
Helpful - 0
Hi Grace , Do you think Herpes is not the case here ?
Helpful - 0
Hello All, This past saturday ,I sat in the sun for about 2 hrs and then in the evening I started feeling Itch all around my face .In the morning when I woke up I felt my lips were swollen even more and they were hurting like hell .Does that mean anything ?
Helpful - 0
you need to go and be seen and follow up on any symptoms you have.
Helpful - 0
Hello All, I just came back from Doctor and he looked at my lips and said that yes it is Viral infection (herpes)He gave me zovirax.Now considering that it is a case a of Oral herpes as I did not have any thing on my Genitals ,what are my options ? Can I have a proper relationship ? Should I marry  ?
Please help.
Helpful - 0
it's unfortunate that he didn't do any testing for you :(

yes you can still marry with oral herpes. 1 out of every 2-3 adults has it.
Helpful - 0
Hello Grace,
2 questions .
1-I did not have any lesion on my body in the last six months only Pimples .Rash/itching on my skin only happened after this weekend when I sat in the sun for long. Still herpes ?
2- How likely I am to transmit to my future wife ?
3- If any children born , will they carry this virus ?

Thanks.
Helpful - 0
1. Doesn't matter herpes outbreaks aren't on a timetable some people can go years without an outbreak only to have one later.  

2. There is a risk if you have HSV you can transmit it to your partner in the future.  Avoid kissing when you are having an outbreak.  You really should look into HSV testing using a type specific igg test.

3. No but you can transmit the virus to them when kissing them at a young age. Avoid kissing during outbreaks and around the eyes and nose even without symptoms.  
Helpful - 0
Thanks for all the help .
I have a moral Dilemma to deal with .I live in Canada but come from a country where Arranged marriages are just the norm .My parents are already dicussing proposals .It is very conservative society and STD issue are not that common or atleast no one  talks about it .If I disclose it then it create a Havoc there .It I refuse to marry ,It will shatter many dreams of my parents & family .I may not even be able to discuss that with my future wife .What course of action can you recommend .I know that Truth sets you free but in this case I just cant find a way .I can simply refuse to marry by taking a hard stance but I am not even sure that it will be right thing to do .
Helpful - 0
For the fact of the matter you don't know if you have HSV and HSV-1 orally isn't considered an STD.  In your case get the type specific igg testing.  

I don't know about the moral dilemma this is something you need to discuss someone that knows you culture.
Helpful - 0
Hi, I recently took few pain killer after which I started getting blisters on skin wherever the sunlight hit me .Do Antibiotics work against Herpes ?
Helpful - 0
no they do not.
Helpful - 0
Today is my 2nd day on Valtrex and also using Zovirax cream .In addition i am also taking Lysine 1000 mg .So far no change in my lips.Small pimples around my forehead which are appearing due to sunburn are not completely healed either .How long do you think It will take for smptoms to go away ?
Helpful - 0
the symptoms on your forehead aren't likely to be due to herpes.
Helpful - 0
Well they only appear when I go in Sun Kind of blisters . Bottom portion of outer lower lip seems widened permanently .Do you think it will return to normal .I have grown Goate just so it does not look that Bad .
Helpful - 0
I'm guessing you are just paying a lot of attention to your lip area so it looks more obvious to  you than to others?   herpes will not cause permanent changes in the size of your lips.

Helpful - 0
are you putting on sunblock before you go outside and wearing a hat to protect your sensitive skin?
Helpful - 0
I always like the sunshine but since last weekend I have been unable to go out in sun.Yes I have started using sunblock since wednesday this week( 1st time in my life) .
Helpful - 0
I'm not a great one for lecturing about wearing sunblock and I've got the skin damage to show for it :(    definitely start wearing a hat and sunblock when you are out since you know you now have an area of your skin that is overly sensitive to sun.  
Helpful - 0
Thanks.Much Appreicated.
Helpful - 0
Hi Again ,
Today is day 4 and there is no improvement .Although there is no major Lesion on my face or body but this Sun is killing me .I can go in the sun even for 1 min .Do you guys think that maybe i need a stronger medicine or Maybe this sun reaction to my skin is not herpes ?Zovirax does help though ?
Helpful - 0
once again, this isn't likely to be a herpes issue. Just because you have oral herpes, doesn't mean that everything on your face is due to herpes.

follow up with your provider and/or a dermatologist.
Helpful - 0
2

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.