Herpes Community

Zostavax for Oral Herpes

after reading a study claiming all patients treated with the Zostavax vaccine were free of outbreaks I am wondering if a doctor will give me the vaccine for this reason. Can any medical professional tell me with any certainty if a doctor or clinic will do this?  I phoned their support line but the rep had no information to give me.

http://www.dovepress.com/efficacy-of-the-anti-vzv-anti-hsv3-vaccine-in-hsv1-and-hsv2-recurrent--peer-reviewed-article-OAJCT%5B1%5D

This is the study I am referencing.
Interesting research report. But it appears to be scientifically flawed in a number of respects, and I would not rely on the results. Among other things, there is no biological plausibility -- i.e. no reason to believe that immunization against varicella zoster virus would protect against herpes simplex virus infection. I doubt your doctor will agree to give you this vaccine for this purpose; and if s/he does, you shouldn't expect it to have any efect on your oral herpes.
First, thank you for the reply, although it is discouraging. Admittedly I did not read through the entire study.  Do you work in the medical field?  Do you see any reason that the vaccine would be harmful to someone healthy and in their 20s if, say, a doctor had a different opinion and decided it could be worth administering?  
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.