Having a Blood pressure of 170/100 for 2 months

Hi there
My dad is 61 years old, 62.5 inches tall and 68 Kg. He has been having a blood pressure of 170/100 for a quite long period (about 2 months), he is not facing any issues so far, but I believe this number is pretty big.
Below are the few more details for the reference.

Blood Sugar lever: 70.0 mg/dL
Total Cholesterol  : 222.0 mg/dL
Triglycerides        : 166.0 mg/dL

Please clarify me on this.
Thanks in advance.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 1
That blood pressure reading is a bit high- are you able to talk to your father's doctors at all?  Sometimes they allow you to be a part of the appointments if you have the proper  documentation that your dad wants you there- at that point you might get a better idea on how they are dealing with this or plan to.  
Thank you very much for your reply. And even after this long break (since I posted this), these numbers remain as it is, I talked to doctors and they say its okay to be like this. Does the doctor really have a point ??
Tbd
External User
that blood pressure is high. I was put on Lisinopril 20 mg once a day when my went that high. I have also found that if I take triple strength fish oil (ones that have Omega -3, EPA and DHA), my blood pressure is coming down and don't have to take Lisinopril. Helps Cholesterol as well.
Tbd
External User
also 120/80 they say normal. 180/110 ER/Hospital time. my pressure was 150 to 180/95 to 100 when I was put on medication. when my BP is high I am tired a lot. I then started taking fish oil to lower my cholesterol and found that my BP went down as well and had to stop taking medication because my BP was goint too low. 99/59 and 100/60. felt dizzy and light headed. The closer you can stay to 120/80 (80-bottom number -  very important) your body does good. google - blood pressure and they will have charts a websites.