A
A
A
Close
Hysterectomy Community
2.41k Members
471161 tn?1317194550

Premerin

I am wondering if anyone here is on Premerin for hormone replacement?
13 Responses
COMMUNITY LEADER
I have never taken Premarin before. Is this what your Dr has recommended for you? I can only give you my opinion, and I'm not a Dr, but I would not take it. That's me though.
You might want to ask Cherie, our CL here to ask what she thinks. Take care. Remar
471161 tn?1317194550
Remar,

I was on Premerin for 21 years and I recently switched to a patch.  I had no idea back when I was 26 how horrible this medication is.  I just followed my doctors prescription and took it.  A few years ago I lowered the dose quite a bit and had some problems so I was very afraid to get off of it but I am now.  I am making this post to warn people to please not take it.  Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it greatly and agree with you wholeheartedly.  Please continue to tell everyone NOT to take it.

Thanks...

599170 tn?1300977493
I DONT LIKE PREMARINE..its made from horses urine.Yuck !!!!

I used estrogen patch and was very happy with it and found it very easy to use this is bio identical means made as close as poddible to the hormones you should be producing.
471161 tn?1317194550
NO IT'S MADE FROM PREGNANT HORSES PEE AND I WON'T GO INTO WHAT THEY DO TO THE BABIES WHEN THEY ARE BORN.  I HATE THE CRAP AND AM PISSED I WAS EVER PUT ON IT !
I am on a patch now.
:)
COMMUNITY LEADER
Thank you Cherie. I was'nt sure if I could say what it's made of.
Joni, I'm so glad you quit taking it. I could tell you stories of a few women that are, or were very close to me and their experience with this med.
Are you using the same patch Cherie did?
No, most Drs will not tell you what's it made of or how it's made. Take care. Remar
599170 tn?1300977493
Did not mean to make you angry I was non specific..yes its made from pregnant Mares pee. not any old horses pee.

I wish you well with your new meds

C

Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.