Frequent urination due to over masturbation?

I am a 24yrs old male and  have been masturbating on avg 4 times since last 7-8 years .I started having frequent urination problem since last November.I would urinate anywhere from 10-15 times a day and this would get worse when i would try to sleep . I would urinate with decent amount of urine a  decent flow and before sleeping but i would still feel the need to urinate and would do 5-6 trips to the restroom. After falling asleep , i would get up 2-3 times to pee. I also felt everytime after masturbation , frequency will get even worse with some burning .
I reduced the frequency to avg once a day. I consulted my family practitioner in December  and i was prescribed ciprofloxacin twice a day for 10 days.She also did various STD tests , diabetes and urine test all of which came out -ve along with kidney ultrasound being normal as well .After 10 days , i felt significant improvement but not 100% . As such , i was prescribed levofloxacin for 5 days but levofloxacin seemed to aggravate the problem and i discontinued it after taking it for 2 days. I seemed to do ok for the next 2 months and kept the masturbation frequency to 4-5 times a week .However , the problem did start to creep in again as i think my prostate got irritated again even with reduced masturbation frequency.I consulted  a urologist and he did the digital rectal test and said my prostate seemed ok in size. i was prescribed cirpo again twice a day this time for 3 weeks . My problem again subsided by about 80-85% . However , if i masturbated  2-3 times in a day or masturbated once a day on consecutive days , i would again feel increased frequency and some burning. I told the uro about this correlation of my problems with masturbation but he said there should be no correlation and suggested i go for cystoscopy. I agreed to his suggestion and had cysto done after a few days.  Cystoscopy reveled everything normal other than a moderate stricture far back into the bulb for which the doctor performed dilation. I was prescribed levofloxacin for six days after cycsto. During those six days i suffered with even greater frequency and urgency and urine flow being normal every time i would pee. After stopping levofloacin, i felt my symptoms getting better but again my problem still did not subside 100% . I  kept my frequency of masturbation
3-4 times week and within 3 weeks of cysto , i again started to have frequent urination problem however this time with urine flow usually being normal every time i would pee . I was in the US till now but returned to my home country after 2 wees of having cysto and as such could not consult the same doctor.

I saw a urologist in home country and was prescribed Tamsulosin Hydrochloride  and gatifloxacin for 10 days after the doctor looked  at the report from urine culture and sensitivity test . Gatifloxacin did not help and as such doctor prescribed levofloxacin for another 10 days .None of the two antibiotics and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride did not show any signs of relief . I saw another uro after that and he prescribed moxifloxacin hydrochloride based on that urine culture test along with  tolterodine tartrate for 7 days. I have been taking em for 3 days now and do not see any relief .

I am really worried as my symptoms have only gotten worse after cystoscopy . Should i be worried that doctor did not perform cystoscopy properly and damaged my uretha or bladder? Or have i damaged my prostate with over masturbation. If yes , is there anyway to restore prostate in healthy condition ?
Also , should i try taking cipro again for 10-15 days as it took care of the symptoms at least by 80% on both occasions before cystocopy.

Please suggest what i should do and what the problem might be.

Thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Not sure if anyone is even reading this, but I went to the urologist again.  He believes now that it's prostatitis.  He gave me a six week dose of bactrim, an antibiotic, cause he found a small trace of blood in my urine.  So the battle continues, I have read that a small percentage of prostatitis is bacterial, I think I have acute prostatitis which is the shittier one to have.  I'm continuing my non orgasm regiment for as long as I can.  Hope something can give me some relief to this feeling of having to urinate 24/7.  

I did mention the long periods of masturbation to the urologist and he doesn't think its nerve damage, but he thinks it could have in some way contributed to me getting prostatitis.  
Helpful - 0
Correction not acute... Chronic abecteria prostatitis
Helpful - 0
Hopefully the antibiotics will help! Make sure you are doing probiotics about an hour or so after the antibiotic so you are putting the good bacteria back in because the antibiotics kill both the good and the bad! I would still suggest doing all the previous things mentioned...anything to keep the pelvic muscles/nerves calm so you don't end up with chronic issues like mine...I am actually about to have botox injected into them muscles and already have the interstim device put in to calm the nerves...now we are focusing on the muscles...I have been dealing with this stuff now for over 20 years and unfortunately not all Dr.s are equal...you might want a second opinion if this doesn't work...
reverse kegals could work...I did not have success with them, but mine had already crossed into the nervous system...and is chronic...how long have you been dealing with this dysfunction?
Anyway...keep working at finding out what to do in order to be well! I have learned to be my best health advocate and if I don't like what I'm hearing...I have no problem with getting a second, third or even fourth opinion...have you see a pelvic floor physical therapist yet? I think it would be a great idea! Good luck!
Helpful - 0
Thanks purr
20 years??? If this continues for 20 years I may buy a gun.  Just kidding. I will go with the antibiotic for now.  I was looking into a probotic also. Today the symptoms of having to urinate are off the charts bad.  It's got me thinking about buying diapers.  I'm kinda stuck in my house.  I hope this bactrim works cause this is brutal.  

So far
1 no sex, or masturbation
2 trying to relax my pelvic floor muscles
3 antibiotics (bactrim) day 4
4 I eliminated some things in my diet, spicy foods, caffeine, sugar... Couple   others
5 prayer
4
Helpful - 0
I've worn diapers most my adult life,  on and off here and there but now in my 40s I'm in diapers 24/7 and don't bother myself with being concerned over urination anymore.  I masturbate at least once a day which I personally feel is health from a psychological stand point. As well it's better than my previous issues with frequent urination of 1-4× an hour. Now I just rely on my diaper instead of multiple bathroom trips. Bonus is now my when I masturbate my diaper works as a cum rag too. If everyone got over hang ups with potty training then guys would realize that diapers are far more practical than toilets anymore.  Get over it there just diapers.
you are doing what you need to do to get his well! You will get there!
Yep...I was 24 when this began and I am now 48 years old...it's been a long hard journey for sure...but you adapt and figure our ways to work around the dysfunction...have you tried pyridium? it coats the bladder and might give you some relief...it's sometimes short lived when you're in the thick of it...but you might try that and/or prelief which are both over the counter...I imagine your dr. won't do much until he's cleared the infection...so hang in there and keep working as you are and it will get to a tolerable point...I now have interstim device, valium ( used rectally or vaginally), I too watch my diet, do yoga to lengthen the tight muscles, I alternate heat and ice down below when I am at my worse, use pyridium and/or prelief...I will be getting botox on Oct 9 th and am so hoping this is the icing on the cake so to speak...but I have my little bag of tricks and just keep going and seeking in order to find relief...believe me I have contemplated the gun more then once...but am VERY glad I did not go that route...research bladder instills...did that forever ago...also biofeedback, pelvic floor physical therapy...estim...bladder distention...I don't know if any of these will be right for you but this is some of things I have tried through the years...some successful some not...and when the pain cycle won't stop I will use a narcotic for a day or two just to get some relief and try to break the pain...I would suggest putting ice (not on your skin but with clothes between) where it's excruciating and then laying heated rice pack on your tummy and back...just see if that doesn't give you a little relief! I feel for you because this is hard to figure out, but I have no doubt you will get it better managed because you are trying very hard to do so!
Helpful - 0
Your words are very encouraging and its very kind of you to come to these threads and help people out.  I had a bad couple of days and at one point on a car ride, was nearly sure I was going to **** myself, but I pulled over pissed bought some motrin and my symptoms relaxed considerably.  Motrin has been my savior for the past couple days.  Today I actually had a decent day.  No day is actually symptom free, but today was tolerable without motrin.  I will try that pyridium, my Dr also has me taking vesicare 10mg once a day, so I usually take it before bed, I don't feel it does much though.  Tonight will be 1 week on antibiotics.  I bought some saw palmetto today too.  Next on the list is a probiotic.  Keeping my fingers crossed, everyday I hope for this to start to improve alittle, but its mostly ups and downs
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Interstitial Cystitis Community

Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.