Men's Health Community

Does STD cause erectile dysfunction?

Hi I am a 26 years old male. I am physically fit, have a solid 6 packs, am able to run 1.5 miles in under 10 minutes, and I do cardio on average 2-3 times a week, on top of resistance training. I don't smoke or drink. I used to masturbate about 2-3 times a week, and have no problems with erections. My blood pressure is perfect.

About 7 months ago, I had unprotected oral sex with a girl and started to have this mild sting during urination which lasted about 3 weeks. I suspected an STD and went to see a doctor, who prescribed me Azithromycin and Tinidazole for suspected Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. I also did a comprehensive STD test including PCR tests for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. All test results came out negative. And the pain during urination has subsided.

Since then, I have been having problems trying to get erections. My libido dropped rock bottom, and I cannot even erect to porn. Even on some good days when I am able to get a fully gorged erection, it does not stay long and I lose my erection quickly when my attention is shifted somewhere else, or when I change from a lying/sitting to standing position. I have abstained from sex for 7 months now and am now happily in love with a very nice girl whom I intend to marry, and have a happy and satisfying job.

I respond very well to Viagra, and I still get morning erections almost everyday. I have been living in denial trying to reassure myself that it is simply a psychological issue. But 7 months have passed with no improvements and I am getting very depressed and worried. I did a urine test to test for urinary tract infections and the white blood cell count in my urine again came out zero. It hurts me so much that I have contracted ED from a totally unknown cause.

Does anyone out there have a similar experience? Assuming the test results are false negatives, does having STDs (especially Chlamydia/Gonorrhea) cause any permanent damage to the penis that results in erectile dysfunction? I simply cannot find any information on the internet regarding this. Please help.