Men's Health Community

Does anybody know about androgen deprivation therapy, without any prescriptions?

Hi - as noted, I'm trying to get information about androgen deprivation therapy - but I have no primary care physician, and no prescriptions.  I'm a 47 male  in pretty good health otherwise.

The issue relates more to extreme sexual frustration than anything else.  I've been to multiple therapists/counselors over the years, but I just can't take it anymore.  I love my wife, but she has multiple physical and emotional issues, and I am not trying to change anything about HER anyway.  The change needs to come from me - but I've tried everything I can think of short of castration.

In fact, I tried to get a prescription for Depo Provera (used in chemical castrations outside of the US), but was to no avail.

I've read a lot of conflicting opinions about things like Saw Palmetto, Licorice Root and Reishi Mushroom extract.  Some say they have killed their libido, others say they were kicked into overdrive.  I've taken significant amounts of Licorice and Chasteberry, but have not noticed any impact.

So - does anybody here have any experience with something non prescription based that will kill my libido?  I've tried what I assume will be the most common answers - exercising, therapy, occupying the little free time I have with other things, handling it "on my own" and so forth.  This has been a huge issue for me for over 10 years and I don't know where else to turn!

Thank you for any feedback!