Aa
A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.6k Members

Low Testosterone High Estradiol levels

I'm in my mid 30s (male).  No known diseases. I've been suffering from fatigue, erectile dysfunction,  body aches, memory/recall issue.  I have moderately high blook pressure 135/85. (went on meds last month) I've had chronic anxiety for years so I don't think that's part of the other symptoms.  Some general apathy and problems sleeping.  I'm mostly concerned about fatigue, erectile issues, body aches and memory problems.  This has been going on for about 8 months. I've tried taking ephedrine/caffeine which helped for a while but hasn't done much lately. I also was taking 200mg of pregenenolone and 200mg of 7-keto DHEA daily.   I went to my doctor 2 1/2 months ago. I said I thought I might be suffering from adrenal fatigue. he said that doesn't really exist. He ran test for lyme disease and hormone imbalance 2 months ago.  My results came back

Mine            Normal Range
Estradiol                           10L     -         13-54 pg/mL
Testosterone(Total)            375                250 - 1100 ng/dL
Testosterone (Free%)         1.91                1.50 - 2.20 (%)
Testosterone (Free)            71.6              35 - 155.0 pg/mL

My doctor said my testosterone was in normal range.  He suggested I had depression. I really don't think it is depression.  I've been doing internet searches for everything from hypogonadism, to aromatase deficiency, to cushing sydrome (even though I didn't have cortisol tested).   If I understand it correctly 10L is 10,000 mL which would be 185 times the normal level.   Perhaps my levels increased because of the caffeine/ephedrine and pregnenolone & 7-Keto dhea vitamins.  I stopped taking all of them 2 months ago.  The last month has been HORRIBLE. I can hardly concentrate or get out of bed.  I've gained back about 15 pounds of the weight I lost. I haven't been able to lose any weight in the last 8 months.   I want to see an endocrinologist but when I call them, they say I need to be referred by my doctor (even though my insurance doesn't require it) an my doctor thinks it's depression and keeps switching meds.    My doctor's a wonderful person but I just really think it's physical not emotional/psychological  
0 Responses
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562368567
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.