Men's Health Community

Painful Male breast lump

I am a 20 year old male with a lump under my left breast. Not very large. It seems like the nipple retracts, but no discharge. It has been there for maybe 6 months, but the last month is when it has really started hurting. Even when sleeping on my left side, the pain can be very irritating. I do workout on a constant basis and have recently lost some weight. I have read up on Gynecomastia, but do not have insurance right now to see a doctor. I know breast cancer is rare at my age, but it is still possible. Any thoughts?

Breast cancer in men is a rare disease. Less than 1% of all breast cancers occur in
men. (http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/male_bc/index.jsp?gclid=COjJoZLtwZECFQUllgodzhyfCQ)

If you notice any persistent changes to your breasts, you should contact your doctor. Here are some signs to watch for:

- a lump felt in the breast
- nipple pain
- an inverted nipple
- nipple discharge (clear or bloody)
- sores on the nipple and areola (the small ring of color around the center of the nipple)
- enlarged lymph nodes under the arm

Most likely isn't cancer but need to see a doctor to make sure. Since it hurts, it must be something that needs treatment.

Hi, my dad is going through the same thing. He's 55 and has had this lump for about 6 months and said that it just started hurting recently. There is no discharge or inversion of the nipple. He also doesn't have medical insurance and I was wondering if you coul keep me posted on what this may be. Thanks!
similar situation check my posts. Im a 25 years old male.
well i have one in my right, little tiny thing but still noticeable like almost a small 1cm in diameter disc directly under my nipple, no pain just worries. it sometimes looks inverted like a crease in the nipple like how u fold paper but slightly noticeable. but wen it gets cold or the temp. changes suddenly in retracts kinda lika a girl (lol). doesnt rly look like a nipple more like an upside down bowl. I am 14 male (very handsome lol) but just rly worried after i watched this scrubs episode bout this guy gettin breast cancer cuz he said he had lump un his right nipple like i do ahh! not rly a member so whoever has a comment plz email me ***@**** thats all the info i have to give so just get back to me asap. thanks.