Quad thigh muscle pain

I was doing a treadmill regimen where I would walk and run on the treadmill. I have never been a distance runner and I was running on the treadmill 5 to ten minutes per day in addition to walking for 20 to 25 minutes on it. My quad thigh muscles still hurts from this over a month after I stopped doing it. After I sit for an hour or so it takes some time to w "walk" the pain out. It almost feels like it hurts between the muscle and the femur. I have been taking motrin for a week to try to knock back any inflammation. Any ideas on what I hurt, my timeline on recovery, and what I might do yo hasten recovery?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
There can be many causes of pain in the thigh muscles. Muscle strain, a bruise, groin strain, meralgia paresthetica and polymyalgia rheumatica are few of them. Groin strain is a partial tear or rupture of any of the adductor muscles in the thigh. There is pain or discomfort in the groin or inner thigh, swelling and bruising on the inner thigh, pain with walking or running and tightness in the affected area. In meralgia paresthetica a person experiences burning pain, numbness and tingling on the lateral or outer portion of the thigh. Meralgia paresthetica is caused by entrapment or compression of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve. It is best to see a healthcare professional. A clinical examination will confirm the exact cause. Treatment will be specific based on the cause. Keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!