Men's Health Community

periodic warm sensation in lower left leg

For the past 2 days I have a very slight heat sensation in my lower left leg (no other problems). Is this some thing I should be concerned about now, or wait for my drs. appt in a few weeks?
Did you ever receive a reply to your question?  I'm experiencing the same thing.
I've also had the same. Any info?
I would like an answer as well. I've had a feeling of warm fluid being released somewhere in my body for 2 months now.  It happens about 2x a day, lasts a few seconds and it has moved around my body.  Started in the left wrist, went to the left knee, then ankle, and the over to the right knee. Now it's been happening behind my right thigh for about 2 weeks.  Very strange.
I've had this since early August. I usually feel it on the surface of my knee but occasionally on my big toe. I talked to a neurosugeon friend who said he'd never heard of such a thing. Still looking for an answer...
This is very strange. I have had this heat sensation in my lower left leg for about two weeks now. It starts at about the knee and goes down to the bottom of the shin. I am totally worried about. It does only last for a few seconds.
I have the exact same symptoms.  It feels like someone is putting a hot water bottle on my calf.  It lasts for about 15 to 30 seconds, but has been happening several times a day.  Please let me know if you have any info.
I have the same thing it's on my left leg just below the knee all the way down to the bottom of my shin. first time I noticed it I was driving and I thought the heater was blowing on it then I realized that it was just my leg getting warmer.
I also have that annoying warm sensation that is in my right leg and it moves from my ankle and up about 4inches and seems to be very frequent.  I too thought it was a little heater under the seat of my car that was warming my leg-but the heat was not on.  Also, the balls of my feet are burning along with this sensation.  I need to know what this is?
Weird-this just started happening to my lower leg recently.  Please let us know if anyone finds out the cause.
I just noticed the same thing, heat sensation in my thigh, and I usually don't have this senstation. My guess is it's a nerve compression or something. I am driving my wife's car today so its a different seat and I'm not used to it.

If there are no other symptoms then it's likely something that can be remedied through better posture, or mild exercise or stretching. But I'm no doctor.

Common sense would dictate... if it is persistent and recurring, see your doctor.
I did a Google search for my similar symptoms and found this forum.  About 48 hours ago, I noticed this heat sensation in my left shin.  At first I thought I was standing too close to a heat vent in the floor at work!
It is a warm, sort of tingly sensation that lasts 5 seconds and occurs, I don't know, 10 times throughout the day.
I wonder if I slept on the leg funny??  Stress??
I am 43 and in reasonably good health but seem to be a hypochondriac (spelling?) at times.
I doubt this is related, but I have some sort of muscle strain in my hip/groin area that is possible due to an intense backpacking trip in October.  
Any feedback appreciated.  Guess I could consult dr. after Xmas if still going on . . . but it's vague and one of those deals like when your car won't act up for the mechanic.
oh my gosh, while googling for "heat sensation in lower leg" I found these comments....has anyone been told what causes this? Mine started about a month or so ago and happens periodically. It is SO strange and I haven't even mentioned it to anyone for fear they'd think I was imagining it or something! I was glad to see others describing the exact same sensation. I have my annual physical in about 3 weeks and will mention it, but am also thinking my dr will think I'm a hypochondriac! Anyone else have any diagnosis?