Miscarriages Community

Period after miscarriage

This is my first period after my miscarriage on June 8th. It started on the 6th and it is very, very heavy. It is very dark red at times and is thick. I almost thought that I was prego again because of my body signs, however now I am thinking that I might of had another miscarriage. Is that possible? Or are some first periods after a miscarriage this way?
Hi, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Was your miscarriage a natural miscarriage or did you need medical intervention?  I've heard a lot of ladies say that their first period following a m/c was very heavy as it is the uterus shedding any remnants.  Some women only have a light bleed, to be honest either is perfectly normal.

It was a natural miscarriage I was 4 1/2 weeks. Thanks that makes me feel better. It is starting to get a little lighter now. I hope that I will ovulate this month and concieve. If not I will just keep trying. After a year and a half I am starting to get pretty good at keeping my hopes up!!
I am very sorry for your loss. I just started my period today after mc in June as well. so far my back is really bothering me - more than other times when I get my period. The flow is normal to previous periods. good luck in trying again! Maybe we can both get BFPs this month :)
I just came from the doctor for my follow up u/s to make sure my m/c is progressing and she said not to be suprised if my first period is quite heavy. Sounds like what you are experieincing is normal.

I'm sorry for your loss :(

I had a D&C June 4th and just started my first period yesterday.  Mine isn't heavier than normal (but I did have a few days of serious bleeding two weeks after D&C as well so that may be why)?

The only thing different than a normal cycle for me is this one hurts----a lot more cramping than normal.  Not unbearable by anymeans just more painful than normal.
Thanks for all of the comments. This has really made me feel alot better. klts, I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that this time next month we are both on here telling our success story. This is the fourth day of my cycle now and the bleeding has gotten much better. Thanks to everyone who shared.
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.