Neurology Community
45k Members

nerve damage causes and cures

Does anybody know what causes peripheral neuropathy.  I have seen 5 doctors and they all say its damage but none can figure out why or how to make it go away.  It is way more severe in my feet than in my hands.  It is a pain I have never experienced before.  I am a very healthy 40 year old with NO prior health problems.   Anybody with any similiar conditions or has experienced the same please give me any information you have.
Have you had any MRI's of the "neck" "back" to rule out damage in those areas?...I also have peripheral neuropathy. My feet burn badly, but I have some neck stuff that I'll have fixed this month....hope that cures me ....Dr. says it 50/50..my legs and feet will get better....

Good Luck!
Lyme disease causes peripheral neuropathy.
did your doctor tell you that the feet burning is coming from your neck?
I just posted my problem, which is pain in both feet and hands today...10/26 under the name carla45.  It explains what happened to me after back surgery.  It's been 3 years now, with no improvement in symptoms. burning and when standing with pressure a "bruised" feeling in the bones and tissues of my feet.  Only can wear limitied shoewear because of pain.  Just dealing with it and trying to live my life.  Still searching for a diagnolsis.

Good luck to you.

I also have NP. I am a diabetic, but some drs stated that I dont have NP, but spinal core damage.  I just started to take tegertol. Its suppose to help the nerves to calm down. My pain is so severe that it wakes me up in the middle of the night with severe burning, jabbing and searing pain. My feet feels like a brick and they get very cold and my husband cant even touch them.  I put some cream on tjem, but it doesnt work very well. I buy anythng that anyone tells me about....