Aa
A
A
A
Close
Nutrition Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Rejecting milk

Hi,

My baby boy is now 11months old.He was 9 pounds baby at birth.From past two months he is not showing interest in taking milk.He is fine with the solids and recently he is not at all taking any formula milk but taking only whole milk that too 10 ounces in a day.How hard I am trying he would not drink.I am concerned about his nutrition.In what way I can substitute his missing nutrition. Thank you
1 Responses
267079 tn?1195146570
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
His weight is on the 50th percentile and his height is above the 95th percentile for his age so he is not underweight which is good. At 11 months he should be eating finger foods and regular foods cut up in small pieces and he should be feeding himself (with his hands and possibly with a spoon) at 3 meals a day. Suggest trying a 'sippy' cup instead of the bottle, at meals, for his formula or milk to help increase intake. As a guideline for a 9-12 month old child should eat the following: Breast-milk or Formula (6-8oz) 3-5 feedings a day, Dairy 1 serving a day – cheese (1/2 oz) or yogurt (1/2 cup). Starch 2 feedings a day – Infant Cereal (2-4 Tbsp), bread (1/2 slice), crackers (2), or pasta (3-4 Tbsp). Fruits or Vegetables 2-3 feedings a day – (3-4 Tbsp). Meat 2 feedings a day – 3-4 Tbsp) or beans (1/4 cup). If he does not want the bottle then give him more food 3 times a day with snacks between meals so he is getting the proper nutrition.
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.