Nutrition Forum

Rejecting milk

My baby boy is now 11months old.He was 9 pounds baby at birth.From past two months he is not showing interest in taking milk.He is fine with the solids and recently he is not at all taking any formula milk but taking only whole milk that too 10 ounces in a day.How hard I am trying he would not drink.I am concerned about his nutrition.In what way I can substitute his missing nutrition. Thank you
His weight is on the 50th percentile and his height is above the 95th percentile for his age so he is not underweight which is good. At 11 months he should be eating finger foods and regular foods cut up in small pieces and he should be feeding himself (with his hands and possibly with a spoon) at 3 meals a day. Suggest trying a 'sippy' cup instead of the bottle, at meals, for his formula or milk to help increase intake. As a guideline for a 9-12 month old child should eat the following: Breast-milk or Formula (6-8oz) 3-5 feedings a day, Dairy 1 serving a day – cheese (1/2 oz) or yogurt (1/2 cup). Starch 2 feedings a day – Infant Cereal (2-4 Tbsp), bread (1/2 slice), crackers (2), or pasta (3-4 Tbsp). Fruits or Vegetables 2-3 feedings a day – (3-4 Tbsp). Meat 2 feedings a day – 3-4 Tbsp) or beans (1/4 cup). If he does not want the bottle then give him more food 3 times a day with snacks between meals so he is getting the proper nutrition.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.