Ovarian Cysts Community

Hormone Replacement

Do you need hormone replacement after ovary removal in a 63 y.o. post-menopausal women?
No, it is not generally recommended in that age group.  You may experience some increased symptoms like vaginal dryness once there are no hormones, but that can be treated with localized creams or tablets rather than systemic HRT.  Best wishes!
No you don't.  I had mine removed at age 38, they wanted to give me hormone pills, but I refused.  I never had any symptoms nor problems even though I was told that I would go into "instant menopause".  However, everybody is different, but since you are "post menopausal" I would not take hormone replacement if I were you.  Your doctor might not even suggest it.  Now a days they are more cautious when it comes to prescribing hormone replacements.