Ovarian Cysts Community

left ovarian complex cyst is 5.3. cm 66 years old.

postmenopausal. if surgery, they do a laparotomy due to adhesions in abdomen. if surgery, he will take both ovaries and tubes . . my ca125  normal. if  laparotomy how was it. am a caregiver for  mom. can i lift a commode bucket with urine postsurgery.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm sorry you are dealing with this. Since the cyst isn't that large, are they monitering it for now to see if it resolves so you don't needlessly undergo surgery?

If it continues growing and surgery is needed, why is the other ovary being removed? Most ovarian cysts, even complex ones after menopause, are benign. A frozen section can be done during surgery to check for malignancy. Removal of ovaries as late as age 75 is associated with earlier mortality since ovaries produce health-promoting hormones a woman's whole life. As far as the adhesions - Did you have a hysterectomy?

Keep us posted.
COMMUNITY LEADER
How are you doing? Did you end up having surgery?