Adjustment?

So, for a lot of kids school is really getting under way at 5 and 6.  Was it a huge adjustment for your kids to be in school all day?  How did you get them ready for it?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
My kids are homeschooled, and we go all year round because I find it way harder to adjust them back to school after being "checked out" for three months- and we wouldn't even be adjusting locations, lol!  I give the kids smaller breaks through the year as an alternative.  I remember, as a kid, it being tough to adjust back, but I always appreciated the routine.  
Helpful - 0
My daughter is 6 yo. She loves school and does well so I’m very lucky but I think a huge part of why she was ready for school was pre-k. She was nervous at first but I found that she got very excited after I started telling her stories from when I was in school and how much I loved it. I honestly made some stories up just to get her excited and because who can remember that far back ha ha. I did notice some kids her age crying the first day but not really after that. I think it’s sometimes hard for them but it can be equally hard for us. I was almost sad the first time I dropped her off at preschool and she didn’t cry at all but that’s a good thing I know. Anyways hope this helped a little and good luck!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Parenting Children (6-12) Community