Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Community

pcos and vitamin D

I have been to the doctors as I have been trying to get pregnant for a year. I was told I had lots of small cysts on both ovaries and I have a vitamin D deficiency. I am just wondering what the odds are are getting pregnant, I have been trying to loose weight (healthy eating and exercise) but just keep gaining weight. Any advice?  
HI,
PCOS women often have weight issues and also it is difficult to lose weight. Losing weight will help to a great extent and hormone levels can get moderated. Drugs like metformin may also help with weight loss. PCOS women may sometimes require induction of ovulation which will increase the chances of a pregnancy. Hope this helps.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.
hiii jenjo, i have alot of small cysts on both ovaries too cause by pcos. And my doctor put me on metformin , i have been taking it 14 days now and and it seems to be working.. Maybe you should talk to ur doc about it.  i must warn u though it have it side effects but im dealing with it (i too want a little one in my arms as soon as possible).. hope everything works out for u. Take care and keep posting k