A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
1396982 tn?1285326833

Hair coloring while prego

I know this might sound vain but I really need to do something with my hair. It's not much the difference in color from roots to ends but the "white hairs"....yes, I have them and a lot (guess great genes from my mother side).  Anyone knows of anything I can put on my hair without hurting my babies? I'm just 7weeks.  
12 Responses
1303813 tn?1303162962
Its best not to colour your hair in the first trimester....
Vegatel based hair dye is also better for your hair...
Because with your body changing and all the hormones going around your body, you might have a reaction to the PPD chemical in hair dye even if you havent before. Vegatel based hair dye doesnt contain it.
And like I said, healthier for your hair anyways
http://www.herbsgardenshealth.com/naturtint_hair_colours.htm

x
See all I've heard from all the older mothers I've talked to and even newer ones. Is that its fine to dye your hair. Its just that new young mother worry. And stuff the news scares into us all. There are a lot of us out there who slept in bed with mom at first and we are still alive ya knw?
1035252 tn?1427231433
I've co-slept with both of my children so I would deifnitely agree with that, Momo :).

I dyed my hair when I was 15wks pregnant with my son because I needed a change ...I was feeling depressed....you can dye your hair safely after the first trimester but it really is best to wait just because the chemicals are so harsh, even for the ones that are supposed to be gentle. However, after 13wks pretty much any dye that isn't a high concentration of ammonia is considered safe.
187316 tn?1386360282
If you get your hair dyed I would highly suggest going to a salon and informing them that you are pregnant. Because your PH Balance is all messed up due to hormones it can cause weird effects to hair dye. Like turning it pink or purple for instance.
1275969 tn?1540648384
You can still dye your hair just don't use bleach, it won't harm your babies.
I'm a trainee hairdresser.
they have ammonia free natural hair dyes in boots and superdrug x
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.