Pregnancy Community

Hair coloring while prego

I know this might sound vain but I really need to do something with my hair. It's not much the difference in color from roots to ends but the "white hairs"....yes, I have them and a lot (guess great genes from my mother side).  Anyone knows of anything I can put on my hair without hurting my babies? I'm just 7weeks.  
Its best not to colour your hair in the first trimester....
Vegatel based hair dye is also better for your hair...
Because with your body changing and all the hormones going around your body, you might have a reaction to the PPD chemical in hair dye even if you havent before. Vegatel based hair dye doesnt contain it.
And like I said, healthier for your hair anyways
http://www.herbsgardenshealth.com/naturtint_hair_colours.htm

x
See all I've heard from all the older mothers I've talked to and even newer ones. Is that its fine to dye your hair. Its just that new young mother worry. And stuff the news scares into us all. There are a lot of us out there who slept in bed with mom at first and we are still alive ya knw?
I've co-slept with both of my children so I would deifnitely agree with that, Momo :).

I dyed my hair when I was 15wks pregnant with my son because I needed a change ...I was feeling depressed....you can dye your hair safely after the first trimester but it really is best to wait just because the chemicals are so harsh, even for the ones that are supposed to be gentle. However, after 13wks pretty much any dye that isn't a high concentration of ammonia is considered safe.
If you get your hair dyed I would highly suggest going to a salon and informing them that you are pregnant. Because your PH Balance is all messed up due to hormones it can cause weird effects to hair dye. Like turning it pink or purple for instance.
You can still dye your hair just don't use bleach, it won't harm your babies.
I'm a trainee hairdresser.
they have ammonia free natural hair dyes in boots and superdrug x