Pregnancy Community

Induction due to kidney issues...

I was wondering how many of you had to be induced due to kidney issues? If so what was the issue?(stones,infection)
As many of you know I have been suffering from many kidney problems, and Im scared that my doc will have to induce me early. What was the gestational age your doc induced you at?

Im going to talk to my doc about the possibility of having to be induced due to my kidney problems. I was just curious to see if they actually induce because of that.

I have an issue with Kidney stones and constant Kidney infections, including my right kidney being inflammed.
i have had numerous kidney stones (6 or 7) and 2 kidney infections to the point of hospitalization for 2 weeks. all the while i was pregnant my doctor never mentioned inducing me at all. we kept a close eye on them and i was medicated through IV, but i didnt have to him my son early or an induction. he arrived at 38wks healthy as a horse! best of luck!
Natemomma27-

Thanks, Im just hoping im not in any kind of renal falure or something to those extremes. Im waiting for my doc to call me back because of reacurring right kidney pain.

I wanted to ask how your son was doing aswell, how is the rash? Did you find out what it was yet?
thanks for asking! it turned out that he was bitten by something over the weekend when he was visiting with his 'dad'. the doctor gave us cream for it and ive been trying to clean everything in the house just in case it came home with him.
I was going to mention maybe Fleas, if his dad has any pets in the home that could be something to think about aswell. Im glad he is doing better, and hopefully he wont come home again with any other issues.
I know there was someone on the other board I think LJ who had her baby in may and was induced.  2 Week Wait Pal - Audrey, LJ, Deb, Nikki, Toni, Amy NEW POST. maybe she could help.
Hey I was induced due to kidney problems.... and I am so glad I was... when the kidney stones break down they release poisons into your system and I had 3 large kidney stones when I was pregnant.. they induced me at 37 1/2 weeks