Pregnancy Community

Weight loss while pregnant?

I know it isn't recommended and frowned upon  but I'm sure it isn't killer completely. I want to lose eight because at 2 months pregnant I already gained 6 pounds. Call it selfish. Call it what you will. I do not intend on blowing the heck up. So any suggestions on how to diet? (No not like starve, but what foods to avoid and what portions of what) I should start walking now!
I wouldn't worry about it.  at 2 months I gained 15 pounds and felt like a whale.  at 6 months I was naturally loosing the weight and still am.  I actually haven't gaibed nuch this pregnancy only 7 pounds.  Some women develop severe nausea and having it they now will help you will help
Eat lots of fruit veggies and protein stay away from carbs. Being healthy isnt bad but over doing it is, just be careful.
Honestly, you are pregnant you are going to gain weight. It goes hand in hand. Just eat healthy and don't worry about the weight gain. Don't eat crap and you won't balloon.
You're going to gain more than six pounds so i wouldn't worry too much about it...
I actually do care about weight gain because I feel it isn't an excuse to let yourself go or to just say feed the baby what it wants. I wanna look and feel good the entire time. A friend gained a total of 10 pounds. Went right back straight after.
I don't think ten pounds total is very healthy...
Your going to gain. Walk daily and eat as healthy as possible. Don't set a goal on losing...set a goal on maintaining. You can do pregnancy safe exercising as well. I did everything by the book and still gained almost sixty pounds and I'm now ten days post partum and have already lost almost thirty pounds (a lot of it was water retention) And I must say...whether you agree or not... your ******* attitude *****. Get off your high horse and come down to reality.
Some of us need to gain weight and can't because we keep puking...
I went with the doctor she went too and he is the type that doesn't like weight gain in the first trimester and he applys strict healthy diets. My friends daughter is now one and healthy and she was petite while pregnant. I wanna do the same but even if the doctor days it's fine idk.
You should only gain a little bit of weight while pregnant if your over weight. The most I've ever gained is 11 lbs but that's because I'm over weight
I weighed 109 before now I'm 115