A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
358455 tn?1277437219

chinese birth calendar!--just for fun

hey everyone, anyone ever heard of the gender predictor? they say its really accurate! well i was just wondering, i just went to check on mine and it says i would have a boy, but its a question of how the chart works because that one said use the age the mother will be when she gives birth and another says use the age of the mother when she concieved and that one showed im having a girl... anyone know exactly which it is?
29 Responses
178590 tn?1294180367
I did it on both possible conception dates since my babies were conceived 2 days appt and according to it I should have been having 2 boys  but I'm having a girl and a boy....don't get the intelligender test either it said 2 girls and that was wrong to....
461781 tn?1285613081
its a 50/50 chance anyway.  Fun to try it out though.
358455 tn?1277437219
haha i figured that! its kinda fun to play with though... ive never heard of the intelligender, i wonder what that one goes by. i didnt plan on learning the sex but it seemed too tempting to just put your dates in! congrats on twins! what will their names be?
178590 tn?1294180367
Intelligender.com will show you it's a urine based test and I know of 3-4 women on here that used it and we all got wrong results......

yeah it was fun to do the chinese gender tests
178590 tn?1294180367
Oh I forgot to answer part of your post......we're naming them as of now if nothing changes
Mekaila Grace Magill
Jacob Russel Magill
358455 tn?1277437219
i like how you are spelling the girls name. those are cute! i have for a boy David Noel and for a girl I think Tobeigh Elle not really sure about the middle name yet but i tried to name my last two girls Tobeigh and my hubby wouldnt have it. Its going on that paper this time. because im pretty sure ill be having a girl! haha well good luck with everything i suppose you are getting a little bit more uncomfortable than with a single baby :)
118074 tn?1228332603
I am Chinese but never heard of this calendar...but it's fun to do.  Just need to make sure you have your "Chinese age" to calculate.  Mine was right for my son and we will find out about this one in a week or so.
358455 tn?1277437219
oh awesome! yeah ive heard a bunch of women with accurate results from it. Whats chinese age?
178590 tn?1294180367
didn't know there was a difference in american and chinese age.......how do you do that?

yeah uncomfortable isn't even coming close to explaining it but it's so worth it.....you can check out my photos and see how big I already am
358455 tn?1277437219
haha i did poor thing! i gained 60lbs with my second and felt like i needed a wheel chair so i feel your pain!
178590 tn?1294180367
yeah and I guess the reason those nasty stretch marks snuck up was I've only gained 3lbs and doubled in size so my skin had no chance but to stretch
I think she is pulling your leg on the Chinese calendar!!
The Chinese age I meant
118074 tn?1228332603
Chinese age goes by lunar calendar.  You can search for that online since it's different every year.
434240 tn?1216395670
all three of mine have been correct on this calendar!!  However, I have used my regular age not a chinese age!  I'll have to see how to figure that one out!! lol!!
303706 tn?1296879749
I did this test for fun and even though it was right, I still didnt base my belief on it...I just thought it was a coincidence. Some guy at my job tried to argue with me saying that this test is accurate for EVERY women and that's its true...and I'm like no it's a 50/50 chance, and even though mine was right I don't think it was mapped out for me from thousands of years ago...and he's like NO it is true how you gonna tell me!! I'm like how you gonna tell ME if that's the case then every women in this world would say it's true, doctors would use this method, and every women on this forum would agree that its 100% accurate, but it's not! lol
358455 tn?1277437219
HAHAHAAHA!!! lol wow that guy is really obsessed with it! just be like yeah ok! well go to medhelp, they know everything.
118074 tn?1228332603
It was right for my son but it's wrong for my friend's.  50/50 IT IS!
305180 tn?1279720347
I did the chinese birth chart and it came out with a girl, and I did the one on Baby Zone and it said Boy, so I think honestly its a 50/50 thing no matter what way you look at it. Lol!! :-) Good luck to everybody, I hope everybody gets what they want...healthy babies no matter what the sex is!!!!
It was right with my 1st. and then this time around it said girl so I was really hoping, but No its a boy.
305180 tn?1279720347
crazy how sometimes these things work huh?

When I was pregnant with my first I worked in the Childrens department at Sears. That was fun!!! I got to look at clothes and stuff for my baby almost evey day of my pregnancy. It was so nice!!! Anyways, one day a customer came up to the counter where my coworker/friend (who was also pregnant at the time) and I were working and told me I was having a girl and my friend was having a girl too. I looked at her and said, "really?" She replied, "I haven't been wrong yet!" with a big smile on her face. She was right. 3 months later I had a bueautiful little girl.
358455 tn?1277437219
wow thats creepy! but in a good way! i would freak if i had that talent! yeah its just a fun thing to do seeing what you think your baby is going to be. but either way, healthy and happy is more than enough!
One chinese gender predictor site said I was having a boy and another one said I was have a girl.  I won't find out for another 8 weeks, but am getting excited to know.
305180 tn?1279720347
Yah, it is creepy, huh? I was surprised the lady was right about both of us. I couldnt believe it. Oh my gosh, i just looked at the calendar. We get to find out in 6 weeks what we are having. Wow the past couple weeks has flown by so fast. I could have sworn we still had about 8 weeks to go too. Our scheduled date is May 8th. Yayyyy!!! What are you hoping for?
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.