I am a 23 year old male who has some health issues that after I describe them, hopefully someone will have some knowledge, answers, or experience.
I do not want to come across as a hypochondriac, but I have spoken with both my family doctor and other specialists and they were unable to help or diagnose me. I recently had an annual physical in which I explained to my Dr. some theories I had about what might be happening to my mind/body and he ordered a bunch of lab tests (CBC, tests for adrenal function, blood testosterone measurement, etc.). The only thing that came back out of normal ranges was slightly elevated blood testosterone level.
I cannot explain that in terms of any changes in my diet, stress level, environmental conditions, etc.
Some medical history that may help other members possibly help me:
1) I have had moderate to severe recurring acne since sophomore year in high school
2) I have been on two courses of Accutane which worked well, but did not prevent my acne from coming back, especially on my face
3) I have had generalized anxiety for about 10 years and it got worse after 9/11/2001
My Drs. don't seem to want to acknowledge my health problems and they don't believe the symptoms relate to a much more serious condition. The health symptoms I have are as follows:
1) I have numerous grey hairs appearing all over my head - especially pure white hairs.
2) I have noticed that compared to a few months ago, my hair all over my body and my finger nails are growing at a much faster pace. I am having to get hair cuts and cut my nails much more frequently now than from a few months ago.
3) My facial hair grows much more quickly than it did a few months ago. I never had "5 o'clock shadow" before, but now I do.
4) My acne on my face got worse about a few months ago, but is being treated by a combo of antibiotics and a topical gel. It got better early on, but has gotten worse in the past few weeks. It is now about moderate level of acne and scarring on my face.
5) Overall, even though I am on medications which help to control my anxiety, I still have sensations in my hands and feet of "unrest and unease". It seems like my muscles are very finely twitching and are not under conscious control.
Based on some research I did on my own, I asked my Drs. if I had any type of metabolic disorder, adrenal gland disorder, etc. They ran so many tests, but only found slightly elevated testosterone.
I think I have some sort of "premature aging disorder" or some condition in which my body metabolism has been thrown out of whack. Could it be that I am going through a "second puberty" or "adult puberty"? I am unable to identify what happened a few months ago that may explain the changes I have noticed.
If you have read this far, I hope you are able to help even in the slightest way.