STDs / STIs Community
39k Members

Do I have Herpes?

I am 16, and I have been concerned to if I have a STD or not. Ever since I was born, I have had red bumps on the side face down of the center of my penis, and around on my testicular area. I beleive they are ingrown honestly, but I really do not know, they are several different different sized bumps, they are not red, they're the same color around it. Like, once a year, maybe or longer, I get one that gets real big and I squeeze it to it's burst and it stays there for approximatly 2 weeks and goes away. I have never had an outbreak, I do not shave, I don't know what if I have herpes. I am still a virgin and plan to be a virgin until marriage but this really has been concerning me. Some of the smaller ones, when I squeeze to it's burst, about a week later a hair comes out and I pluck it with tweezers, then the bump just stays there. I do not have cold sores, I do not have any other types of rashes or bumps on my body except for minor acne on my face, arms, upper to middle chest and upper back. I am scared I may have herpes, this will conflict with my future, I am so scared... Please do I have herpes?
Genital herpes is considered a sexually transmitted disease because you have to have sexual contact to get it.  You've had these symptoms for as long as you can remember -they are not herpes.  Do not squeeze or try to pop any of your bumps when you get them.  if you are concerned about them - see your doctor for proper evaluation.

grace
ok, I appreciate it, yea I am not sexually active and still a virgin, just I have heard that others may have herpes and not even know it, like they are the ones that have had it all their life, that's all that concerned me... idk, i wont be able to see a doctor till I get the money to pay the rediculous 50 bucks just to see the doc...
COMMUNITY LEADER
The only ones that have it all their lives are ones who are born with it, and you'd have been very sick as a baby if that were the case.

Does your family have insurance?  If you do, just go to the doctor.  If you don't, call your local health dept and ask what they can do for you.

Aj
Well if it is herpes and I did have it all my life, I was never sick as a baby, the only thing wrong from when I was a baby, is that I have a heart murmur, and that's it, I was never sick or really ill at all, I did already have the Chicken Pox when I was like 4 or 5, and they say that is a form of herpes. I don't know, I wont be able to go to a Doctor until August of this year cause I will have my unrestricted license.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Chicken pox is a different form of herpes - think cousins, not siblings.

Your heart murmur had nothing to do with this.

Take a bus or get a friend to drive you to the doctors, or even ask your parents/guardians.  You haven't had sex - this can't be an std.

Aj
hmmm, well I deffinitely do not want to approach my parents with this, they will never think of me the same, and I will be driving soon, i have my permit, and will be getting my license here in march at the end, but I did read this forum that was replied by a doctor and he said that chicken pox was a type of herpes but cant cause herpes or be a result from... But I just don't know if this is herpes or not, like if you were to tell a doctor all this what would he say? That's all that is going through my mind, just hoping for the best... :/
COMMUNITY LEADER
It can not be an std - you haven't had sex.  Move beyond herpes.  You can't have it.

If you haven't had sex, your parents won't change the way they think about you - you haven't done anything.

Perhaps you should post in the dermatology forum or the men's health forum here.  Its not an std, and the only thing I can say is to see a doctor if you are concerned.

Aj
Alrighty, I really appreciate your time.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.