STDs / STIs Community

Oral Syphilis?

I gave unprotected oral sex to another man 4 weeks ago and took semen in my mouth. I had very mild inflammation of the glands in my throat, but that seems to be passing and other friends have similar complaints of bugs causing a sore throat. . I've noticed a very small lump on my hard palate for the last day or so. It is just a small lump that is tender (maybe due to the fact that I keep pressing it), doesn't look ulcerated and is a similar colour to the rest of the palate (red/white).

1. Does a syphilis chancre begin like this and stay non-ulcerated for that length of time?
2. Is the palate a likely place for a chancre to appear hrough giving oral?

COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, first of all its a matter of contracting it so if he did not have an open active canker sore on his penis (which i doubt he did as the oral would have been painful) and you did not have an open sore in your mouth for the germs to enter, you were not exposed to syphilis in the first place.
1. syphilis are ulcerlated not a lump
2. no its not
Thanks for replying so quickly. I took a 1g of Zithromax approx 3 weeks after exposure (with no symptoms other than paranoia). Would that prevent a chancre from forming?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.