Say what!?

Doc said : " Chlamydia clears up on its own without treatment, typically within several weeks or months..."  I have never in my life heard this!  Are you serious!?  That would be amazing if it were true!

This discussion is related to Chlamydia Tests Between Partners.  One Positive One Negative.  How?.
I copied this from the related discussion that is listed below my statement. If you read the Doc's post he just causally mentions how Chlam. clears on its own and then keeps going.  It leaves me dumbfounded!

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.