Syphilis tests and z-pak

I'm worried I have syphilis. 3 1/2 weeks I had a syphilis eia done. The testing facility I got tested at said the window for this particular test was one week to one month, the test can back negative. Still worried, I got a second test done 4 weeks later at 7 1/2 weeks post exposure, again negative. Sounds like I'm in the clear right? BUT...

After my first test I was put a z-pack for a sinus infection and I'm worried it could have effected my test result and caused a false negative. I have developed a rash on my chest that won't go away and I'm so scared that my first test was too early and my second was negated by the z-pak. Am I worrying too much? I have a dermatologist appointment on Friday to look at the rash. Some insight would be nonetheless appreciated though.

Thanks.
7 1/2 week test is the correct time frame, conlclusive is 6 weeks.
Really? Even though I took the antibiotics? I am very relieved by your answer, but do you think there's a chance that the azythromycin could have effected the test?
It should not have.
Thank you very much for your response. Ill try my best to trust my results and move on from this and figure out what this rash is all about.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.