STDs / STIs Community

Syphilis

I had unprotected oral sex with a guy 5 months ago, i was the one who received it. Is there any chance i can get syphilis thru this? Last month, i saw a pimple-like thing on thigh, i scratched it and it was kind of peeled off and bleed. It did not end up like an ulcer but it looked like the appearance of flesh and dried up. I know maximum incubation for syphilis is 3 months so the possibility of me having chancre last month is quite low. However, i had a flu within the 3 months and i had about 6 pills of amoxycillin for it. Would the medicine postpone the incubation period?
Yes, oral to penile contact could transmit syphilis. However, in that case the first symptoms would be exactly at the site of exposure, i.e. your penis. And syphilis doesn't cause pimple-like lesions. Finally, the incubation period for syphilis is rarely as long as 3 months; it's almost always less than 4 weeks.

Since you're concerned, have a blood test for syphilis, which almost certainly will be negative. When it is, you can move on without worry.

Best wishes.
Thx you for ur reply, u relieve my concern
Hi HowardH, recently there non itchy and non painful rash appear on my back, is it possible to be syphilis rash? I am not convenient to go for a blood test in this month. I do have a picture but i don;t know how to post it out.
Almost certainly you don't have syphilis, and syphilis rash almost never itches. We don't look at photos of rashes on this forum. Just find a way to get the blood test so you can stop worrying.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.