Penis Foreskin and Glans Irritated

About 2.5 months ago I had unprotected sex with a high risk woman. Although I had no symptoms, I received treatment for possible gonorrhea, chlamydia and trich (250mg IM ceftriaxone, 1gm oral azythromicin, and 1gm oral tinidazole and a week's worth of doxy). I was also test a few weeks later for HIV/Syphillis, with negative results.

About 3 weeks after treatment, I masturbated using lotion, which I've done several times before with the same type of lotion. Shortly after orgasm, and as my penis became flacid, the foreskin on my circumcised penis and shaft became swollen/puffy and red. Later in the day my scrotum, foreskin and shaft were no longer swollen but red with an irritated feeling.

When I visited the doctor a week later for the HIV test, I explained the situation to him and he gave me some steroid cream to apply for a week. The steroid cream seemed to help a bit but not much, and I stopped using it after feeling like it was also starting to irritate my penis.

The redness goes away, but comes back immediately after sex, so I haven't been very active. Even then, the foreskin and glans are enlarged (kind of swollen/puffy) and look not so much cracked but strange like kind of rinkled.

I don't have easy access to healthcare where I live, which is why I'm seeking advice here. What is this likely and how should I treat it?

Thanks in advance!
It can be due to dermatitis skin. You need to get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. Treatment is diagnosis specific.
You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use calamine lotion or cream with zinc oxide paste applied directly to wet skin after bathing.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thank you, Dr.! I made the trip this past weekend to a quality hospital to get advice on this. They were disappointed with the recommendations given to me by the clinic in the remote, rural area where I live.

They confirmed that there's no infection and ruled out HSV2. They diagnosed it as dermititis, as you suspect, and said that due to my very sensitive skin type it is taking a long time to go away. They also suspect that the combination of medicines I had been given worsened the situation.

Now I'm taking something called prediosolione (spelling?), which already seems to be helping. Washing the area with water only as well.

Thanks again!

You are reading content posted in the Sexual Health Community