Sexual Health Community

**with pictures** Painful sores/blisters around vagina after shaving and antibiotics

I have painful blister-like sores around my vagina on a couple on my vaginal lips and I'm wondering a. how I can ease the pain/get rid of them and b. what they are.

Just to give a background on the last few weeks: I got a particularly back strain of tonsillitis a few weeks ago and was put on very strong antibiotics to clear it. After this I had a slight itch and touch of thrush which cleared up after taking a dose of pro-biotics. A week after the itch I shaved all my pubic hair, I stupidly didn't trim the hair before I did that. I had sex with my boyfriend after this, he's the only person I've been having sex with for 6 months and vice versa. I have experienced pain after having sex with him and some skin tears due to his and my size (he's quite large and I'm apparently smaller than average). I then got my period this week and started to feel irritation which was mild at first like usual grow-back irritation after shaving and then it progressed to quite irritant and painful - I'm assuming the pads I was using didn't help matters. To ease the irritation I was using an antiseptic cream which would typically be used for nappy rash.

When my period was done I examined myself and felt small bumps, first they were under the skin and are now over the skin and blister-like and some have popped and seeped. My vaginal lips are quite dry and there are a couple of pimple-like bumps on them which are quite painful. I soaked in a warm bath last night with a couple of drops of tea-tree oil, some baking soda and some dermatological emollient bath oil and this seemed to help. When I woke up this morning the pain had eased slightly but the sores which had popped were crusted over with a yellow pus. I cleared this and the pus has not returned, but they are still painful. The pain seems to mostly be coming from the hairs that are growing back in the area irritating the sores. I have been using dermatological (and alternately antiseptic) cream to ease the itching and give me some relief.  

Basically, I'm looking for suggestions on how to ease this pain and clear the sores up. If anyone has had a similar issue and knows exactly what this is help would be greatly appreciated. From examining myself and researching STIs/STDs online it does not resemble anything I've seen but if anyone has a suggestion they are more than welcome!
The picture seems to have uploaded upside-down. Sorry about that.
Time to see your ob/gyn.  I have no idea what this is, as sores and blisters can have many causes.  
I would recommend that you seek immidiate medical attention from your primary care physician to rule out any chances of an std transmission. Discontinue the treatment(s) that you've already tried to ease the pain, and or ridding yourself of the sores/blister that already exist. This treatment could very well be adding to the discomfort you may be feeling, and further aggravating those zosters. I would stop all treatment at least until after you've seen your doctor. Best wishes