Smoking Addiction Community

Help with Nicotine

I have been a smoker most of my life, I quit smoking approxamitely two years ago with the help of nicotine gum.  Well now I am addicted to the nicotine gum I need help every time I go to quit I get a stomach ache I get a head ache I get scared and then I run down to the store and just tell myself I will quit next time well I really want to quit I only have enough to get me through today I want to quit any suggestions please I really need help

Hi!
You describe a natural response to nicotine withdrawal. Stomach ache, headache etc are a part of cravings for nicotine. You could ask your doctor to prescribe something to reduce this discomfort. Chew on to a natural chewing gum instead of the nicotine gum and keep yourself busy doing things you really like. The combined effect of medications to reduce aches and pain, the continued process of chewing and a distracted mind is very likely to help you quit smoking nicotine gum.
Please also consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Hi Jenny, hope u beat the gum addiction. Tell me how if u did!!!

I didn't but switched to lozenges... And I still smoke like an idiot... Be well.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.