Stroke Forum

Recovering from fatigue followint a mild stroke

3 weeks ago I had a mild stroke that did not affect any of my gross motor skills.  I lost some functionality in my left hand, but now apparently have full use of the hand, but numbness at the end of 1 finger.  90% of the functionality of the muscles on the left side of my face has been restored.  I speak very clearly and can modulate my tone effectively as long as I am not tire.  Excellent recovery except for dealing with fatigue.

I can play golf and tennis and feel just fine, and even go shopping and work on the computer, but the next day I am exhausted and have to return to bed.  How can I pace myself to increase my sustainable energy level when I don't get at-the-time warnings that I am passing a fatigue threshhold?
Hi Friend,
Many thanks for the post. Well if you have recovered so much in such a short span of time, then the prognosis is really good for you.
The main problem is that you are burning out yourself, due to over performance.
Hence you need to have a bit control over your speed.
The challenge is the control between the thin line of overexertion.

I would just ask you to carry on with your activities of normal lifestyle with less stress to sports as it sometimes makes you over-exhausted.
Rest all is perfect as per your post.

Regards
A related discussion, Difficulty after mild stroke was started.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease