Aa
A
A
A
Close
Teen Anxiety Community
39 Members

is this anxiety? HELP

i am 16years old and just starting having anxiety attacks about a month ago. i run cross country, track, and i participate in like every other sport imaginable. i am an exerciseaholic. i have been an avid runner for two years now and run about two to three miles a day..well i did. i am scared to run or do any kind of exercise that requires physical exersion. i love to run and i miss it so much, i feel like this is taking over my life and affecting everything i do..it's even affecting the kind of student i am in school and how often i go hang out with my friends. i am moserable. i love exercising a nd i want to do it again, but i'm scared because all of this started during a meet when yes, i was kind of worked up over running and after taking off, while i was racing, i experienced chest pain and trouble breathing...i was take to the ER and doctors did an EKG and well as a chest x-ray. everything came back normal so they refered me to a cardiologist and a pulmonilogist. all of my tests including and exercise and asthma test came back normal, therefore doctors diagnosed me with anxiety. i have been under alot of stress for the past year dealing with family issues and relatonship issues so okay i buy that some of it may be anxiety. however, i still get symptoms that make me unsure that this is just anxiety.. i guess what i want to know is are my symptoms of anxiety or of something more serious? i have frequent chest pains, neck pains, trouble sleeping, i see stars and feel like im going to pass out frequently, light headed, i go numb randomly especially in my hands and feet, i can feel my heart racing and sometimes hear it in my ears too,  i get chest tightness and pressure, loss of appetite, and i feel out of breath and like i can't get enough air...therefore i take deep breaths often. i am petrified that this is something life threatening, but i feel like going back to the doctor is a waste of time and money and i think they would look at me like im crazy anyway.
0 Responses
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.