Aa
A
A
A
Close
Teen Health Community
2.85k Members

Lump on inner right thigh

Yesterday I noticed a hard, pea-sized lump on my right inner thigh about an inch away from my vagina. It is sore to the touch and slightly redder than the surrounding area. I do not shave in that area and I have never had sex. I am also only fifteen. Any ideas what this may be? My thoughts are that it might be a cyst or swollen lymph node, going by what I have researched on the internet. Please help!
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
Lump which is hard and painful could be an abscess, folliculitis (hair follicle infection), an infected cyst, an inflamed lymph node or a neurofibroma (localized harmless swelling in of nerve and connective tissue). The inflamed nodes settle down with time. However, it is important you consult a doctor and get this examined. If it is an abscess or infected cyst, it will need to be drained. If it is hair follicle infection, it will need warm compress, antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. Neurofibroma that is causing pain will need to be excised.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP immediately. Take care!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?